The City of Destin’s Holiday Committee will be forming to survey and select the best Christmas Holiday Decorations in five major categories:
1. Best Decorated Home: This will include single homes, duplexes (best side), mobile homes, etc.
2. Best Decorated Business: This will include restaurants, shops, department stores, schools, professional offices, etc.
3. Best Decorated Organization: This category includes entrances to homeowner’s associations, golf courses, etc.
4. Best overall Holiday: This category includes all homes, business, and organizations throughout the city limits that go above and beyond.
5. Best on the Harbor: This category is for homes on the harbor.
6. Best Decorated Condominiums: This category includes entrances to condominiums and the property as a whole.
Judging will take place Dec. 1 - 15, within the city limits of Destin. All decorations must remain up from Dec. 1 - 31. Winners will be announced Dec. 21, in The Destin Log and will be recognized by the mayor during the Jan. 6 City Council meeting.
If you think someone’s decorations deserve special attention, you can bring it to the judge’s attention by phoning 850-650-1241 or email email@example.com.